Blog Your Blessing : Bridges


I love bridges, the physical type. One of the trips on my bucket list is to see every 100-year old truss bridge in Texas.

Metaphysical, emotional and economic bridges exist as well. Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Bridge the Digital Divide, Bridging the Gender Gap, Bridges to Babylon . . .

Below I have written some of my favorite quotations about bridges. If you have one, please share it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know, I do speak the Queens English. It's just the wrong Queens that's all. It's over the 59th Street Bridge. It's not over the Atlantic Ocean. ~Cyndi Lauper~

A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it. ~Oscar Levant~

I consider myself to have been the bridge between the shotgun and the binoculars in bird watching. Before I came along, the primary way to observe birds was to shoot them and stuff them. ~Roger Tory Peterson~ (wrote many birding guides)

If you hug to yourself any resentment against anybody else, you destroy the bridge by which God would come to you. ~Peter Marshall~

One of the dreams of Zionism was to be a bridge. Instead, we are creating exclusion between the East and the West instead of creating bridges; we are contributing to the conflict between East and West by our stupid desire to have more. ~A. B. Yehoshua~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~