Lost Innocence and Page Rank

Advertising for Success blog will be changing. A few weeks ago, I realized that this blog had lost page rank and was ranked PR2. After Thanksgiving, I realized it was ranked PR0.

This is disheartening because I have always been transparent with my blogging. I follow the blogging ethics of WOMMA. I disclose all sponsored reviews and do not recommend something I do not or would not use.

I used the Bad Neighborhood Text Link Tool to find out what might possibly be dragging my page rank down. I had linked to other bloggers and sites who had linked to sites that may be considered to be in bad neighborhoods. Many of the bad neighborhoods were links to or from Blogger!

Moderating comments has become a real chore with most comments NOT being aoproved. This breaks my heart because I am a Do Follow Blogger. However, as an early adopter of do follow, this blog has become a target for every scam site on the Internet.

Please note that I have started to add rel="nofollow" to most of the URLs on my blog. I had no idea that I was passing my page rank to other sites.

Blogger has started linking to profiles instead of blogs. There used to be an option to check "other" and put your URL in the comment. No longer.

Happy Holidays.