Blog Your Blessing : Blessing Bags


For some reason, I became accustomed to using debit and credit cards for all purchases. I never missed having money until I had to drive by a homeless person on the side of the road. As I drove by, I thought about where I would be without faith, family and friends. I wondered what Jesus would think of me driving by without stopping. That evening I went to the store, purchased some food, and made up bags of food.

I call them blessing bags:

  1. canned meat

  2. package of crackers and cheese (or peanut butter)

  3. granola bar

  4. bottle of water

  5. box of raisins

  6. can/cup of fruit

  7. napkin, plastic utensils, salt & pepper

  8. prayer card
I keep these bags on the back floorboard of my car. Now, when I see a homeless person, I grab a bag, pull to the side of the road and honk. When the person comes to the window, I say, "Here is some food for you."

When I hand over the bag of food, I always receive a "God Bless You." That is why I call them blessing bags.



The Blue Panther Experience is host for Blog Your Blessings Sunday. Visit the blog, grab the blogroll code, add it to your blog, and leave a comment on Blue Panther Experience. Next Sunday, post your blessing. We are of all faiths, creeds and races, so everyone is welcome. Join us on Sunday as we blog our blessings.