New Broadband Router and Modem

I was using an old Linksys router and Westel modem linked to an old eMachine running Windows ME for managing my DSL Internet assess. It had gotten where I spent more time trying to access the Internet than I did on it! Last week, I spent five hours trying to troubleshoot my home network. I would call my telephone company who supply the DSL and the modem and they would try a few things and then tell me to call Linksys.

Finally, I just asked the telephone company if they had a DSL modem and wireless router that did not have to be linked by Ethernet cables to each other and to a computer to work. Yahoo! For $4 extra a month, I now have a small combination modem/router that sits on my nightstand and works perfectly. I packed up that old router, modem and two eMachines and they are on their way to Goodwill.

Ahhhhh . . . technology. I love it when it works.