Abuse of the Do-Follow List

I received a comment today:

Everytime I come on this site, I find great information. I really wanted to say that today 'cause I never have the time to comment. So I stopped by and left you a praise comment fast. Keep up the good work.
All you do here always serve me in a way or another in my blogging activity. If you want to know, I currently make $1,500 to $3,000 every month since september 2006, and I operate a blog called [deleted] wich is about "make a lot of real money online" and aims to be a REAL-LIFE case study, where I reveal all day after day. If you want to see it, go to [deleted]


This is a spam comment, one of many I receive each day. I decided to follow the URL and guess what I found? A blogger who is violating the principles of Do-Follow and teaching others to do so.

His working page is copied right from Courtney's D-List. Of course, I left him a message telling what I thought about this scheme. You may see his reaction here. I left a message for Shawn, the comment below mine, on his blog as well.

This problem of spam comments is why a lot of bloggers are dropping off the d-list and putting the no-follow tags back on their blogs. I am going to think about it now. Thanks, Vendredi and Shawn.